I don't enjoy painting, but my wife does, and she goes on a painting spree every few years. She has become a pretty skilled interior room painter. Her brush strokes used to be pretty short, and she'd work it until she left lots of bristle marks in the finished product. No more. She does a nice job. She even painted our brick fireplace (against my wishes, but that's the way it goes), and it looks good except that she says it's green and I say it's blue.

Anyway, when the job is finished I'm the one who has do deal with the partially filled paint cans. She said last night, "Get rid of those empty paint cans." Of course, there are about a dozen, and none are empty. Half are more than half full. The rest have a quart or less.

So here's the question. What do you do with that much old latex paint? Will it burn? Do I put it in my garbage and pretend I don't know there's paint in there? Do I let it harden and then put it in with my garbage?

Help, please.

Thanks.
Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt