I run quite a few cameras (6 right now). I usually buy the ones that are right around $100. At that price, they seem to work well with pretty good picture quality. Mine are mostly used on public land and I lose one every now and then, $100 is all I want to risk. Here are my priorities when I buy new ones:

1) I stick with ones that runs on AA's. I have some that run on D's. They cost more and don't last as long. Also USE GOOD BATTERIES. Most of the cams I've had fail were because I used cheap batteries that leaked. Many times, I noticed I had a leaky battery and tried to clean it up as best I could and replaced the batteries, only to have it quit working in about a month

2) I like a 3-5 shot burst mode. It really helps you to see different angles of a deer that 1 picture may not show. Video is nice, but I have found checking videos in the field can be tricky. I check with my phone or an IPad and both will show some videos and will not show others.

3) If I'm buying one, it has to have a hole for a Python Lock. For me, it is so much more convenient to use a Python because it holds the cam to the tree and also locks it. Instead of having to have a strap and a lock or a lock box to have to deal with. I know Primos, Browning, Cabelas cams and I'm sure some others have this.

I have or have had several Primos, Bushnell, Wild Game and one Cabelas cam. I have had good luck with all of them except the Wild Game ones. Although, I do have one Wildgame now that seems to be OK. I swore I would never buy another one, but I got this one for Christmas. Good luck