I started back in '70 with the hand loading drill and slowly began a segway into BP and lead in the mid '80s. It began to grow more focused around 2010 and now I have all manner of distractions with oddball rifles, casting, Lord Black etc. Having gone full retro, my most enjoyable rifle and one remarkably precise offhand is a .45 flinter. Nonetheless, the ones that educate me are the old cartridge guns and slug guns.

I did something as a result yesterday that amuses me vastly. Having just disposed of a nice old Savage 24 in .30-30/20 bore that shot its last group for me at just over 3/4" @50 with leaf sights, I have graduated from the test bed mode for developing cast bullet loads for smokeless guns.

Therefore, I loaded some ammo for the M94 yesterday that is, as far as I can discern, match perfect. Flawless to the eye, the caliper, neck tension, run out (.000"). It was easy and that's the scary part.

BP cartridge shooting is a subtle but apparently successful teacher.

Now I need a match quality rifle chambered for .30-30?

Dan

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain