Originally Posted by Poconojack
You must be looking in the wrong places as there is no shortage of vintage Lyman 48WJS or 57WJS receiver sights. Another option is to scope the gun with a vintage Leupold M8 4X and period correct mounts which can be had for under $150.00....

I spent some time to find and install original iron sights. First one I found was the front sight, later I found the rear folding. Then I took some more time to find an original front hood. Then I spent some more time/$ and found an original, perfect Lyman 48WJS. Mounted up perfect but at the range - adjusted all the way down, I needed it even lower, which got me back to replacing the front sight again. I guess it's all about the journey, right smile? So I sold the 48WJS (had already sold the old Leupold that came with the gun) and have just been playing around with the iron sights at the range. And the peeps I've seen all seem like makeshift/compromise setups - maybe I need to take a harder look. Right now I'm just thinking about some kind of new, simple and high quality scope (probably Leupold).