Obviously I asked a dumb question based one the lack of responses. I am simply confused based on the feedback I got at my local sporting good store where I bought the rifle and the reloading supplies.

When I saw the decrease in velocity with an increased charge I immediately looked for pressure signs on the case , bolt lift, etc and found none. I then assumed that since I was loading to 100% of the fill ratio and higher on the 3 charges that decreased velocity, that I was compressing the powder and that because of this, there was not enough airspace to efficiently ignite/burn the powder, thus decreasing the velocity.

I talked to the local reloading supplier and was told that was not the case and that I should simply keep increasing loads until I saw pressure and that velocities should be increasing. They told me to reload similar charges and double check the data.

I thought I would reach out to this forum to tap into the knowledge as I understood that typically increasing a charge and getting a decreasing velocity is a sign of pressure and I need to back off.

As I said, I will do my homework and see if I can get to the bottom of this as clearly I am missing something simple based on the lack of responses, and likely head shaking. I am simply reluctant to take the direction I have been given as it seems dangerous.

Last edited by SwedeEmotion; 08/03/16.