I have been wrapping my arrows with reflective zebra stripe wrap. With the Lighted nock it's a hella bright and easy to follow flight. Even if the lighted nock goes out, in the dark with a flash light that reflective wrap shines as if it's lit up from a power source.

Generally in the middle of the bush there is nothing reflective, just dull natural colors. When you sweep with the light that reflective wrap lights right up!

I have used the glow in the dark paint, it does not stay lit long after it gets dark, and if you use a lot it's bright and glowing when you want yourself to be hidden. It's aways on once charged with a light source, or daylight. Just for my personal opinion and needs, it's been a nonfunctional application.

I hunt pigs at night, sometimes only shooting at midnight many hours after sunset on dark black nights. Lighted nocks are fantastic to see impacts in these conditions, as well as follow up and tracking the direction of the lighted nocks travel.

There is more the story hunting in complete darkness then just a lighted nock though. Other bits of gear are required to manage this. Surprisingly cheap easy to get stuff, not expensive night vision equipment, way less expensive and even better then night vision.

I do think the Nocturnals are a higher quality better made all around nock. just the switch that is tough at times, in the dark, looking for my glasses, and some tiny thing to fit in the hole to open the switch is annoying but I'm nit picking.

The Luminocks are as simple as possible to actuate and turn off. However they are not always as 100% dependable as the Nocturnals. They have also turned off on my after the shot as the nock is beat about the bush sticking out of the animal and comes loose. Or after a clean pass through as the nock gets bumped and banged and turns off.

I have a lot of them now of several kinds. If I were to buy new ones, I have a feeling I would buy nocturnals today.
I really like the Blue ones. Lighted nocks make your videos so much more fun to watch. Watching the shots in slo-mo with the streak of light from your bow to the animal is just plain "cool".

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)