Well, bow killed bear #26 is in the freezer! I nice big jet black Male bear. A rare black color here. I've only seen a few all black in the last decade hunting this ranch.

The bow Harlon dialed in was of course silent to draw and deadly as always. This is the first bear I've ever shot that seemed to jump the string. Fortunately they don't have the spring in their step a whitetail deer has, but nevertheless, on the video you can see him bolt as the arrow is enroute. My Blue Nocturnal streaking through the air and the Rage Hypodermic made a hella big hole.

I'm 18 yards from the trail to the tree stand, the bear fell dead 70 feet from the base of the tree stand. It was only 20 feet from where the bear fell dead last year at the same stand. Same bow, arrows and broadhead. Amazing consistency huh!

[Linked Image]

If there is better performance or functionality from a broadhead to be used on bears I've never seen it. This is like the 5th one now and none have gone more then 40-50 yards on their feet. A couple have died on a hill side and rolled a fair distance after death. If I recall correctly all have died in sight of the tree stand. Zero Tracking. Although as you can see, the blood trail would be rather heavy and easy to follow.
[Linked Image]

we used a new Millennium Double tree stand because my wife and I hunt together every time out. The stand is as stout and comfortable as is possible for something that can be portable. One odd thing I did not figure out straight away was the stand has a shooting rail. It's a kind of mental comfort to have that rail in front of you when 16 plus feet off the ground. However I had to lift my bow up over the rail to shoot. That was a weird way to shoot for me. I think we either fold that rail up out of the way and forgo the comfort of seeing that rail there while sitting for hours, or I deal with it and shoot over it. It worked fine so I think I'll just stay with the rail down. Just keep in mind the the first time you shoot from a stand that has this rail it's gonna surprise you.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)