Originally Posted by GuyM
I've owned one for a few years. It used to belong to our friend, "Mule Deer" John Barsness. He took it to Africa and hammered a bunch of big game. I've only used mine on three black bear here in Washington State.

Oh, and an unfortunate rockchuck that showed itself on the range one day...

Love the rifle! I don't think the recoil is bad at all. Heck, I shoot it prone, sitting and standing at 300 yards, and do pretty well ringing the gong.

Yup, I surely do like the Ruger Number One in .375 H&H!

Regards, Guy

I really like my 375 #1 as well, (and I had just as much fun watching my 15-year-old sling lead with it this summer!) The #1 is very well balanced as a bare rifle IMO and is more pleasant to shoot than either the M70 or the M77 I have in the caliber. It's also considerably friendlier than either the lighter 9.3 or 45-70 #1-S versions. And I have had no trouble killing bears or moose with those, nor have quick follow-ups been an issue. Setting the tension on the ejector correctly is a very simple way to take care of whatever ejector issues one might worry about, and of course familiarity with the rifle (practice) doesn't hurt either.

[Linked Image] (9.3)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.