Well believe it or not, I finally got the opportunity to get out and do some serious sight work and shooting with the old beast. After a bit of tapping for windage on the #21 has her singing quite well at 100 yards off the bench! I was pleasantly suprised at how well she shot!!! Shooting 48 grains of IMR 4320 and the old Hornady 250 grain RN that is no longer in production. I was lucky and scored several boxes.

Also tried some 200 grain Hornady RN with 50 grains of IMR 4320 and to no suprise they shot a bit higher at 100. I figured they would. I have the 21 cranked all way to bottom. And it's perfect for the 250's. I'll just do some more work with the 200's. Actually they are both very pleasant to shoot. I just like the 200's as that a great bullet for south Texas deer and hawgs. And easy to get

Plan on several more shooting excursions. Usually I like to set up my 1 gallon water jugs, full of water,at assorted ranges and shoot at them from assorted positions. Adds a bit of fun to the practice.

No target photos as I find them boring. But there will be dead animal photos when available in the appropriate thread. C'mon October!!!

Bob

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS