I need some recommendations, please. I'm going buy new rain gear for an elk and mule deer hunt I'm going on in September. I need it to be un-insulated and not too hot, plus it's got to be pretty quiet. When I say quiet, I mean that I don't want it to be crinkling and crackling (like Frog-Togs) when I move and I don't want it making a bunch of noise when it rubs against some brush or I walk through sage or high grass. And I don't want to spend over about 300 bucks total for a parka or jacket, plus pants or bibs. What do y'all recommend?

I don't really like rain gear with Gore-Tex because I've always sweated like a whore in church wearing anything with Gore-Tex and in less than an hour I'm just as wet as if I didn't have on ANY rain gear.

I'm headed to northwest Wyoming the last week of September for a combo elk and mule deer hunt. We'll be packing in on horses and hunting in Areas 84 and 86 on a general tag. I'm not very familiar with this area, but have been told to bring some decent rain gear.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)