I finally got my McWoody Edge back from McM. I had glassed it and noticed the finish was flawed. I sent it back for a refinish, no charge. They did a fairly good job, almost perfect, close enough... I have several McWoodies, this one has the prettiest grain, darkest steaks, etc.

This Edge Mark X Mauser stock weighs 28 oz., the gun with 2.5-8 Conquest in Talley rings, weighs 8#, 4 oz and handles like a lighter gun, balances great. Barrel is a CM #2 Shilen at 23".

This '50's FN action already had the three panel bolt handle and Canjar trigger when I bought it on the Fire Classifieds. I've set the trigger at 2 1/2 #'s. You'll notice a set screw ahead of the trigger. That's the trigger spring adjustment screw. The Canjar has two ball bearings that butt each other at 90*, transferring the spring tension to the trigger. You would think that wouldn't be efficient, but because the trigger moves such a small distance, it works pretty well; you can't feel friction from that set up.

This Swede loves Scenar bullets, especially 139's and 155's, shooting both around half inch. It does OK with other bullets, inch or better, just shines with those two. I can live with that.

Jim Kobe fitted the barrel and I got him to alter the two position swing safety to not lock the bolt.

Here's a link to an almost mess up, and shows the Swede in a B&C Medalist, which is a good bit heavier than this Edge. Also shows the action as it looked before Jim got it. http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9781434/1

DF

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]