Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Immersion therapy.

Get a job running an open air swather for some old farmer for a couple of weeks.

You will either be cured or die.

This is true. I grew up with bad seasonal allergies. About 10 years ago I started biking to work year round every day I wasn't on-call.

The second spring/summer I noticed I wasn't taking allergy medicine and wasn't having issues.

Daily exposure for two hours while exercising ended up with me not having allergies at all except during the worst of the pollen, and then it is completely taken care of by some Claratin

Your allergies change over time. I gave myself doctor prescribed allergy shots for cedar (I live in Cedar Park, Texas), ragweed and mold allergy for 5 years. The last shot was in 1999 and it pretty well cured my allergies. Two years all my allergies came back full force and are even worse especially for mold. The doctor said the shots probably won't work again and might make my allergies worse. Being exposed to pollen like you describe didn't cure your allergies it was just a coincidence. A lot of people believe that if you eat locally produced honey it will cure your pollen allergies. (I've never seen a bee on a cedar tree). I'm also EXTREMELY allergic to cats so I guess if I eat a bunch of cats it will cure my cat allergy.