Originally Posted by Taco280AI
Which would you choose for deer and elk and why? My average shot is around 200 yards but this area has the potential to go way beyond. Let's say I'll limit it to 500 if it came to that. The Accubond has the power but like the idea of solid copper.

145 LRX----@200---2716/2376---@500---2362/1796
150 TTSX--------------2659/2355---------------2282/1734
160 AB------------------2727/2643---------------2400/2047

Under no circumstance is any of the loads lacking. The photo is of the best group with each.

[Linked Image]

You're showing us the "best" groups with the bullets used. Which is the most consistent shooting of the 3? All excellent bullets that will work on elk. Almost to the point that your question could be considered rhetorical. Personally, I'd pick the most consistent shooting one that shot well at the ranges I intended to shoot and worry about something else like how I'm going to pack the elk out or which knife to use. Make sure your rifle is dialed in too and know your dope like the back of your hand. Also, what temps did you develop your loads at? I see you are using IMR4350, you might lose some velocity when the temp drops. Know how the rifle is going to shoot when it gets down to hunting weather temps. For me, that can be anywhere from -5 to about 30 degrees. Your groups may open up a bit when it gets colder if you developed the loads in the summer time... Generally I develop my elk loads in the fall when temps get lower, especially when using IMR4350.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA