I know…another holster thread, but I have searched through all the threads I can find. When I got my CC I never realized finding the right holster would be much more difficult that the actual gun selection. The worst part is you cannot try these holsters from the good makers so it is a ‘guess’ as to what works for a newbie. I have narrowed down some selections from HBE Leatherworks (just sent him an email) TT Gunleather, and Milt Sparks. Also am realizing my summer carry is going to be considerable different than winter (Ohio) but am just concentrating on the cooler season as I can see adding a smaller pocket pistol for summer shorts weather later.

I have a 9mm Shield and am happy with the pistols shootability vs size. It has also been flawless through several hundred rounds fired of various ammo types. Finding the right carry method has been tough. I started with a cheap Desantis clip tuck IWB and that was a waste of $. Tried Alien Gear and that was not much better. I got a Desantis zero cant OWB holster and it is a least comfortable but far from concealable.

I guess initially I just need to decide on IWB vs OWB. I’m 6’2 210 with a 33 inch waist. I’m a jeans and t-shirt guy but also wear a lot of shorts/hiking style pants. IWB is more concealable but so far has been horribly uncomfortable. Ohio is an open carry state, so I am not quite as sensitive about some printing although obviously want to avoid it. So what are you thinner guys with the midsized pistols (Shield, Glock 43, Kahr) doing for carry?

The truth angers those whom it does not convince