The feed lips on my RAR .22-250 magazine have spread a bit too far and now release the rounds prematurely. When you pull the bolt back the next round in line pops up completely out of the magazine leaving the one under that in the normal feed position so you get a double feed jam.

I measured the width of the lips fore and aft against a new replacement and the rear portion is okay but the forward portion is about .007-.008" wider than the new replacement - .422" vs. .415". This hadn't mattered but I just FL resized the cases and that little bit was enough to start popping rounds out of the mag.

Anyway, being nylon or plastic of some kind, would it be possible to heat up the lips a bit and squeeze them back together a bit? I'm not talking about melting level heat, but would something like a hair dryer applied for a while supply enough heat? I have a heat gun for paint removal that is a lot hotter, do you figure that would work? Normally with something like this I'd just go at it and see what happens but I don't want to ruin it with my inexperience.

Never worked with this kind of material before so any guidelines would be welcome.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!