If you'll be hunting in very cold weather like me, pick one with buttons instead of touchscreen.

Having to take off your gloves every time you want to take a look at your next stop or mark a waypoint is frustrating and takes you out of "hunting mode" and into "how the heck can I make this flippin' thing work?" mode.

The touchscreen models have a larger, easier to read display, but like I said before, they can be difficult to use if you're wearing gloves. The Garmin Oregon and Montana are fine touchscreen models, and the GPSmap 64 is a great button-activated model.

Cabelas has the 64st (normally $349, includes topo maps) on sale right now for the same price as a 64s ($299). I just used a 10% off code, free shipping and a few Cabelas Club points to buy mine for roughly $100 less than I could get it at another nearby retail location.

I might be able to match that somewhere online, but I like being able to drive to Cabelas and get instant action if it needs warranty work.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke