I emailed Speer with a few questions regarding their 0.429" Deep Curl bullet; specifically because of posts in this thread that are making me wonder about the degree to which the are supplying reloading components.

I hope it's OK to post correspondence in the forums? Some forums permit this but not others - I can take it down if there are any issues with that here.

Originally Posted by /me/
Hello,
I am shopping for 270+ grain 0.429" JSP's. Can you tell me the differences (technical/design & terminal ballistics) between the 270gr Deep Curl and the 300gr JSP?

Originally Posted by Speer
The 300 gran JSP is no longer in production.
The Deep Curl 270 grain bullet is a heavy plated bullet. It was once called Gold Dot. But in the bigger heavier bullet classes and those used for hunting the name was changed to Deep Curl. The Deep Curl bullets have high bullet retention weights. They peel back in a nice rose petal form to make a large wound channel. These are essentially for pistols a premium hunting bullet.
For the H110 the CCI 350, large pistol magnum primer is used in the load data. For loading data, a start charge of 19.0 and a max charge of 21.0 grains for this bullet. The velocities are from 1468 - 1573 from the test weapon that had a 20 inch barrel. The COAL for his load was 1.595 inches.

Originally Posted by /me/
Hello,
I have been looking on where to find the 270gr DC and everywhere looks to be out of stock.
Is there an estimated date for when this bullet is next produced?
Thanks for your time,

Originally Posted by Speer
[...] I would not be able to assist you in the finding of the Deep Curl bullets. We use a two tiered system of distribution. We only sell to distributors. We have approximately 50 of them across the country. The distributor then sells to the dealer/retailer and wholesalers. Once the bullets are shipped to the distributor, we here at Speer have absolutely no control on who is the end consumer. About the best I could tell you is to go to the Speer website and use the dealer locator. But, not everyone that sells our product gets listed as a dealer. These dealers are only the ones that ask us to be placed on our site as a seller of our products. There are many that do sell our products that may not be listed. In other words, don’t overlook the mom and pop shops out there for Speer products.

As far as replies go, that last one rates a 'zero' unfortunately. frown