Originally Posted by magshooter1
Shod,

Do you like the Zeiss Terra's? I know when they came out there was a lot of disappointment (from the shooting forums) because they weren't deemed as good as the Conquest. Lately I've heard that while that may be true they ARE good scopes.

Magshooter,

I have a conquest on a Sako Finnbear and I have 2 Terra's on T3s. I actually prefer the Terra 3 on a Tikka because it's lighter and more compact than the Conquest. I haven't had any issues with the Zeiss Terra 3. My 270 T3 with a Terra has around 1100 rounds downrange and has been hunted for 3 years. The Conquest from what I can see has slightly better glass but not by much. IMO it's not enouph to make any difference in any hunting situation. I like my Terra 3 well enouph I bought a 3rd scope when they went on sale at sportsman warehouse for $230 a while back. The Terra 3s I have all have the RZ6 reticle and the parralax on those scopes is set at 300 yds. I've shot under 3" at 500 yds with the Terra 3 a lot more than once.

As far as I can tell the Terra 3 is just as reliable as the Conquest with glass that is pretty close with an advantage on weight and more compact. The eye relief however is about 1/2" less than the Conquest is. Its not an issue for me on the non magnums I use the Terra scopes on.

Shod

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok