Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by whelennut
Maybe never.
My teacher told us about gradualism. They will take away our rights so slowly that it would not seem worth dying for and eventually everything is gone.
After the guns are gone I guarantee there will be major changes. population shifts, and genocides. .

Therein lies the rub. I hope against hope the major occurrence will be BEFORE the guns are gone. We are the most heavily armed nation in history, and I'd like to at least think we would resist an actual disarming of the citizenry. Certainly many will comply with tyrannical Govt. edicts...but that still leaves millions of us who wont...

yeah, well it probably depends upon our background education, ya know?

the gd sob federal gov't back when i was 21 was rounding up fodder for the cannon, and the great majority complied. we would have shot dead anyone the local E-5 sergeant pointed out as a true viet cong.

the current troops are no different. really. they'll follow orders, right up through the bureaucracy to the top.

so, if ya don't won't to die, don't piss of the federal bureaucracy. comprende?

as you know we're running a unified command. anyone sworn will be expected to deliver the goods. that's what it has come to, love it or leave.