I really wish the safety were shaped to allow brass to eject at the range. If I don't want it to eject I can just put my thumb there, that's what I do with bolt actions.

I run the phoenix version of the Libby shoot.
http://arizona-rifleshooting.com/safari-rifle-shoot-PRGC.html
I use No1 rifles and so do several of the regulars (even a coupla original Farkies showed up a few times!)

I have observed that ejecting the brass is one problem. I tilt the rifle to the side, or up.

Loading the next one is a problem if the rifle is not angled downwards. If you tilt the rifle up to drop the brass or when shooting over some structure, after ejecting you slip a new round into the chamber with your trigger hand, then bring that hand down to the lever, the loaded round starts to slide out, its partway out when you close the lever and the block grabs the brass and both stop moving.

The solution to that is to tilt the rifle downward to load, OR, open your trigger hand wide after inserting the round and keep the tip of the thumb on the head of the case to prevent it from sliding back, while squeezing the lever closed with the fingers. Doing it this way, you can load a No1 at any angle, even vertical.

Two aftermarket No1 parts I love to see would be a user-replaceable safety slide that allows brass to eject properly and a replacement "express" style rear sight.

Ya'll shoot good!

Poole

(by the way, the case "head" is where the "headstamp" and primer are, the thing at the other end is not called a "head", its called a "bullet", but folks on this forum know that.)