Originally Posted by Crow hunter
What you need to look for is someone who bills themselves as an "automotive reconditioner" instead of a body shop. They're guys that specialize in making small repairs and blending the paint. All new car dealerships will know who the good ones in the area are, they use them to fix little dings on the new vehicles that come in and got dinged up in transit. It happens a lot more than people know about on new vehicles and they won't tell you it's been repaired.

I had a 2013 BMW 535I with a little curb rash on the lower left front bumper cover. I called the paintless dent repair guy I'd used before and asked him who to take for it. He sent me to a guy that runs Deep South Automotive Reconditioning in Pearl MS. I know that doesn't do you any good in CA. He specializes in minor touch ups for new car dealerships. He had me in and out in a day and when I picked it up I was shocked, it was blended perfectly and I absolutely could not tell in any way that it had been repaired. Most perfect repair job I'd ever seen, looked factory flawless. I think he charged me about $250.

A regular body shop is going to want to repaint the whole panel. One of these reconditioning guys can touch it up without going to that extreme. Call a local high end dealership (BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, etc.) and ask who they use for their touch ups, they'll have a guy on speed dial because new cars are constantly getting dinged in transit & they have to fix them perfectly before they go on the lot.

Thanks to all who responded, Crow Hunter now that I think about I have seen work done by "automotive reconditioner" tech's before that came out very nice.

thanks!

Last edited by old_willys; 08/30/16.

Ted