'Nother thing is, back in the days pits that ever showed aggression towards humans were ruthlessly culled, every generation. Nobody does that anymore.

As were bird dogs that would not hunt or be gun shy. People were more realistic in lots of ways. They had animals to work for them and those that did not meet the standards were culled and not bred. Maybe not killed outright, but they did not pass the genes on except as mutts and not bred to another of their breed. I had a Great Pyrenees female one time that I would have bet on not biting any person, but She did my hunting partners Grandson. He was trying to get a deer that He had killed and was hanging in a tree in my yard. The dog got between the deer and growled and kept getting between Him and the deer. Finally bit him on the leg, not bad, but enough for Him to quit. The kid (18) quit and when Grandpa got out of the truck, it was OK. She knew Grandpa but not the kid. I did not hear them drive up and missed it. This was not the kind of aggression that a pit shows when it gets started, so it seems. I have only owned 1 pit a long time ago. It was given to me and was a registered female. It was the bird killing-est dog that I ever saw. Chickens, ducks anything with feathers. I gave Her away with the warning about the animals. Don't know what happened to Her. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.