Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by RickyD
I use a cheap plastic level I keep in my cleaning/tool box to level the chrono. Works fine.

I throw the rifle up on my shoulder, aim at nothing, turn the scope until it looks right and call it done. Never an issue afield.

At shorter ranges, this can work (for some), but I have seen some pretty badly aligned scope by guys not using a device..

Longer range shooting (in my observation/opinion) really pretty much requires a guy to try to mechanically align his crosshairs versus winging it.

Obviously cant error increases with distance, being exponential.

According to Bryan Litz, a 1 degree cant will produce 5 inches of lateral error at 1000 yards.

So doing the math, an 6 degree cant would equal 30"s of error.

Even if you are off just 3 degrees, that would be 15"s.

That is excluding all other factors that cause horizontal dispersion at extended ranges.

While we are talking a 1,000 yards here, take a 3 degree error at 500 yards and that equals 7.5"s of error.

That is huge in my book, and certainly could be the difference on an animal between a clean kill zone shot, or a badly wounded, suffering animal.

I like the alignment device myself, as it if quick and ingeniously simple, not to mention obviously well made.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com