In my humble opinion from my experience with 400 or so knives using the steels I mentioned above and sharpening from a blunt edge----
I do not see all that much difference in sharpening (or grinding) between the different steels. The difference in edge performance is more about the geometry of the blade/edge and the heat treatment.

I historically went with an approx 59/60 Rc using 440C, A2, 154CM, CPM S30V and 52100. All not too difficult to sharpen and holds and edge thru multiple animals.
ie: quite similar to sharpen and hold and edge.

This batch of blades I am doing now is out of CPM 154 and I am going with 61Rc. I did not notice a great difference, (possibly a few more strokes) to get sharp and seems to take and hold and edge EXTREMELY well.

I do not have any measured or retained data on this, just my fading senior memory.

I would think that most any blade from a reputable maker will perform quite well (that is why he is reputable). Certainly should be better than most production blades.

Just my opinion from the beach.
Tim

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".