Regarding your shower and water consumption, I was taught with my first RV over 30 years ago to use the on/off button on the shower wand. You turn the faucets on, adjust the water temperature, then wet yourself down from head to toe. Then push the button in on the shower wand to turn off the water flow. Lather up and shampoo with the water off. Then push the button on and rinse off. Finally turn off the faucets. Done correctly, you should use two gallons of water or less per shower. No, it's not the same as standing in the shower and letting the water run on you for several minutes. But this technique does get you just as clean with much less water consumption.

I use the similar technique when truck camping. I take two - one gallon jugs of water and empty half of each jug into a pan over a Coleman stove and heat it to boiling. Using a small funnel I pour the water back onto the gallon jugs. Dump part of the first jug over your head and get yourself wet all over, then shampoo and lather yourself up. Pour the remainder of the first gallon over your head to rinse. If you're particularly dirty, as I usually am when out deer hunting, you can shampoo your hair again and use the last jug to really rinse off well. I've done this for years and it works like a charm.

Last edited by walt501; 09/06/16.