Originally Posted by SamSteele
I think you get stronger brakes on the Griz, but the Kodiak sealed system is lower maintenance. If you are going through a lot of mud and water I would think the sealed brake would be a better choice.

Overall I think the Kodiak is designed for lower end torque, less bells and whistles, and more focused on work. From what I understand the engines are the same, but the Kodiak is tuned for lower end and the clutch system is different.

That all said, once you get to the Kodiak SE you are pretty much at the low end of the Griz price range. I'm holding off on getting a new one as Yamaha's finance rates are at 8.9% up here. Suspect that they will sweeten the deal towards the end of the year. They had 0%, a free winch, and a $49 plow last winter.

SS

The engine is the same. The clutching is different. You'll rev a bit higher on the Grizz before it engages. but not really a big deal from what I understand. The Kodiak is being sold as more of a work horse type of machine. I'm assuming thy're going after the honda foreman type of buyer.

The only reason I could see getting a Kodiak SE is because of the color. You do get a lot more machine in the Grizzly. I havent rode on both, but the seat to me is a TON more comfortable on the Grizzly as well.

Camp is where you make it.