Recently did two High Peaks in the Adirondack Mountains this past weekend. Let me tell you something: I thought my legs were in shape with all of the mt. biking and road touring I do, not a chance was I prepared for the soreness that I have had the last two days! One peak is 5,114 feet and the other is 4,587ft to the summits. The starting elevation is 2,201 ft. Although I had no trouble doing the climb and the hike down, total being 15 miles round trip back to the vehicle. Just didn't see it coming. But the next day, I could barely get my legs to move. Jumped on the bike somehow the next morning, which actually felt pretty good until I tried to walk down the Post Office steps when I made it to town. I felt like I aged 20 years! While on the hike I had twenty pounds on my back, mostly water weight. The terrain was nothing less than climbing I would have to say, some areas you needed to claw your way up, stretching from point to point. Made very good time for not being there in awhile.

Hats off to the guys and gals out west that hall the elk quarters back to camp:-) It's likely you deserve every bit of the elk you carry, no questions asked. I am going to do much more steep climbs before I do go to the west, it can only help.

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go

Oscar Wilde~~