Originally Posted by SRShooter
I'm the guy with a separate posting about an Anschutz 54 Match Rifle that has some accuracy issues. I have just received & installed a new firing pin spring in it, and will report back on it after I test it in the next several days.

With the indoor rifle season quickly approaching, I'm faced with another .22 rifle issue:

I have a pretty accurate Mossberg 144US that will fire & properly eject about 12 rounds before a spent brass sticks in the chamber. I've changed ejectors; polished the interior of the chamber; soaked and cleaned the bolt face and interior with solvent; changed ammunition brands(Eley Club, Wolf Match extra, Geco Rifle, RWS Target Rifle, CCI Std.; Winchester T22, etc.).

The guys that I shoot with have nicknamed the rifle "Muzzleberg" because I have to manually take a cleaning rod and push out the brass from the chamber.

Anyone have any ideas of what may be the problem?

As before, you guys are certainly a wealth of knowledge, and I appreciate you help- very much.

By "ejectors", I'm assuming you mean extractors???? Did you also replace the extractor springs and plungers?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA