Originally Posted by pseshooter300
Just curious on the scenars are they a long range bullet only what about if you was hunting in woods would this be the wrong bullet choice for close deer size game? Also was the brake put on cause the weight of the gun made it jumpy when firing?

PSE,

I will break down the evolution.

I had envisioned what my "ideal" all around/general purpose/practical rifle was. What I came up with was:

20" barrel
2.5-10x24 Nightforce
Talley lightweights
2 point VTAC sling.

So I took a standard T3 lite stainless, and had it trimmed back to 20"s, and kept it in the original composite stock. It was/is an exceptional shooter in the composite stock, but there were a couple of things I noticed.

While the gun was mechanically able to shoot tiny groups, the problem was that it was so light that any little error in fundamentals on my part resulted in the groups opening up.

Plus, even though it is only a .308, being as light as it is, it has a fair amount or recoil. In fact it recoiled more than my 30-06.

So I decided to put a brake on it to make it easier to shoot well. The laminate stock I robbed from my 6mm Remington T3. I sent it off to CDI for bottom metal compatible with AI mags.

The laminate stock is fairly heavy as compared to the factory composite, but it makes for an easy shooting rifle.

Eventually when funds allow, I will put a Mcmillan with Edge fill, that takes AI mags, and this stock will go on a different T3. But for now, this is the current iteration.

Getting closer to "perfection" smile

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com