Originally Posted by kk alaska
You got a 250 Savage to work in a Mini Mauser action? What was the rifle chambered in orig.

Powders that work for me in several 250 Savages, IMR 3031, RS Big Game, RL 15 and others.

I bought the rifle off of Kevin Weaver and it was originally a .22-250. The bolt stop has been moved back, and the magazine opened a little. I don't know all the specifics on the rifle.

As far as how the rifle has shot previously, I really don't know. I bought this rifle about three years ago, but a move and a broken leg has kept it on the back burner. I did buy some Reed's custom ammo for it but it shots horribly as wel, but when I examined it more closely I found the bullets seated with the ogive below the case mouth. So I tore down the remaining ammo for components.

I don't have the equipment to properly check run out, but I did roll the finished cartridges across a mirror. I didn't detect any wobble in the bullets, if I did I'd pull them apart and start over. For a few years I've been using a decapping die and removed the decapping rod from my sizing dies to prevent run out.