i reload for a number of different calibers, and hate to loose brass. Thus, even tho i am a member of an indoor shooting range, only revolvers there due to their brass pick up policies. In past years knowing where people like to shoot in the desert, it has been easy to scrounge the popular calibers, like 9mm, 40, and 45acp.
buy primers in bulk, powder in bulk, and free brass. Casting lead is not difficult, and it drives down cost say on 9mm to 3bucks a box or less.
I was thinking this tho this weekend in cabella's. some time ago i was thinking of reloading 9mm with new brass, primers powder and purchased bullets. The price of the componets was more than just buying a case of that herter's 9mm ammo cabella's had for ten bucks a box. Reloadable brass too.
When you start messing with the big bores, casting and rolling your own is the only way to go. I gag when i see the price of 41magnum, 44magnum, 45colt in the stores. Those low pressure rounds like 45colt, you can shoot the brass forever i think.
A guy i know use to fly F4's during the vietnam period. He acquired a couple of five gallon buckets of 38special at the a.f. ranges at the time. Still using those casings today.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 09/22/16.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO