Another vote for going all stickon ww's for the balls.

If you have lots of stickons, mixing them 50/50 with clip ons is a good alloy for the 38 special. But I've shot 1000's of clip on ww's out of the 38 which works fine as well.

If you used your 20# pot to melt down all the ww's, then it's going to be filthy. When the pot is empty and COLD fill it up with water. Plug it in and when the water starts boiling use a ss scrub brush to remove all the crud from the pot. Unplug it and dump the water and crud out.

With clean ingots and a clean furnace you'll have to use very little flux when casting bullets. When you see a little bit of sludge floating on the top is a little bit of wax, I just heat up a spoon in the melt and let some wax melt on the spoon and mix it into the melt then skim the top. The wax will burst into flames and even though I know it's coming it always startles me.

Make sure your molds are good and hot before casting or your first 50-100 bullet will be wrinkled and you'll have to remelt them.

As far as sizing, it depends on the gun. Some 38's are tight an you need to size the bullets 0.357", some allow bullets sized .358" o4 .359". You'll have to slug your bore and measure the throats of the cylinder to see what you need to size to.

No need for gas checks in a 38. One of the beauties of the 38 since it runs mild pressures it's not picky about alloy hardness and a bit of most any decent lube will do the trick. You can powder coat, use lee liquid alox or 45/45/10 or most any stick lube. I like white labels BAC, his prices are so reasonable it's not worth making your own and it's good stuff! http://www.lsstuff.com/