I'm not a General Tire fan. I bought a set of the STX style that were advertised as being 60K tires and they were worn down to the point of replacement at 2 years and 38,696 miles. They wore down evenly, but they they wore down much more quickly than I would have expected.

When I lived in New Hampshire, 1986-1990, a popular tire for pickups, SUVs, and police cruisers was the Goodyear F32 winter tire. Since summers in New Hampshire aren't particularly warm and the roads are paved with asphalt, not concrete, they worked well year 'round. When I moved to Nebraska, the F32s didn't stand up very well to the abrasive concrete roads and the hot summer weather. They wore so quickly that if you squinted, you could almost see tracks left on the road.

I replaced the F32s with a set of Goodyear Vectors, another poor wearing Goodyear tire, and subsequently with a diamond patterned Kelly-Springfield, can't recall the style, that looked like a more aggressive Vector and which didn't wear any better than the Vectors did.