Gentlemen,
I'm not preparing for a climb up K2 grin , however, I've been trying to up the quality of some of my "go to" gear so I have a rough and ready wardrobe that is already broken in and merely has to be packed into a duffel when opportunity presents itself... I could not think of a better spot to ask this question and I'd like to thank you ahead of time...

In short is The North Face Gear still first class for tough conditions OR has it become an expensive NAME brand with little more than the "cool factor" to recommend it? Somewhere in the middle? I like the jackets, beanies, etc, however, nine times out of ten if you can actually find something on the shelf it is typically not worth owning. I am also more than open to other/better brands if indeed The North Face has become a "name"... Very much have my mouth shut and ears open here...

I'm fairly well set on boots with Cabela's Meindls(6 pair with 4 regular Perfekts and 2 12" Perfekts). I GREATLY prefer the higher 12" boot even after years of wearing the standard height. FAR more ankle support... I KNOW Cabelas's Meindls ARE NOT the equal or the real McCoy, however, I have to wear these out before I make the call to AJ Brooks and buy the real thing...

Every pair has been broken in slowly with Darn Tuff USMC Socks and I rotate them regularly on a single and a double Peet's dryer. Any suggestions about how much is too much time on the Peet's? Exterior leather treatment is from AJ Brooks and from Meindl Germany. Sport's Wax I believe the call it and it works very well...

I am very much open to your input here as I am ignorant of this area of hunting/outdoor preparation and would be much obliged for your input...

Best Regards, Matt.

NRA Life Benefactor Member