Stoney;
Many years ago (20+) I carried a Ruger M77RSI 308 for most of my local deer hunting. I started out with 165 grain Hornady SP's, but was never happy with the accuracy. After several weeks of trial and error accuracy work I finally decided to try 150 grain 30-30 bullets in an attempt to get better bullet performance as well as accuracy. I settled on the 150 grain Speer flat nose and 45.8 gr of IMR 4064 in a WW case with CCI 200 primers seated to 2.655" loa. That load gave 2647 fps and 7/8" to 1-1/8" 5 shot groups out of the RSI 18.5" barrel and proved very deadly on many northern Minnesota whitetails. Of the many deer taken with this load I was able to recover but two of the projectiles, both exhibiting perfect expansion characteristics, with 7/16 to 1/2" expansion and jackets peeled back to the cannelure. I guess in retrospect, what I ended up with was a nice handy 300 Savage, but a very deadly one! (my reloading notes show a Speer product number of 2011....not sure if they still make this bullet or not) GOOD HUNTING...sounds like you have yourself a nice rifle as well!

Bill