Originally Posted by Talus_in_Arizona
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
For me, it would be a horseback Yukon mixed bag hunt of about 21 days; sheep, caribou and grizzly. I have hunting from Mexico to Alaska and Canada, chased lions with hounds, belly crawled after pronghorns and everything in between. I typically go on 3-4 rut elk hunts every year. This will be the first year in 30 that I won't go. My recent Kodiak trip stole most of the good dates and my knee is keeping pretty close to home. I hope they can repair it good enough that I can get back at it. I've been blessed to go on lots of hunts. I have had some bad ones and some incredibly good ones. I have as good a chance as anyone to draw a desert sheep tag here in AZ with max bonus points but that is still a very small chance.

Someone mentioned the snow cock hunt. My buddy, who guides in Nevada, said he would go on that hunt with me if I decide to do it. We'll see how my legs hold up.

I am not so keen on Africa as many of you as there is still a lot left to do here in North America. I much prefer to hunt on my own than to be guided. This has somewhat limited my options.

What about a horseback AK hunt for same?

Not aware of anywhere in AK that has a hunt like this, first off, there are no Stone sheep!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.