Thank you for your replies.

mathman: No, I do not know the exact diameter of the throat but, typically, Blaser’s chamber dimensions are on the tight side. I do not believe this to be the problem, since the rifle shoots quite accurately other bullets that still have to make a big jump before engaging the rifling, due to the looong CIP throat.

Jedi: I had checked Nosler’s data, but was looking for something more accord with modern times. The Blaser K95 has a very strong tilting block action, and I am using new Norma brass, my safe maximum speed standards being 3,075fps with 120gr bullets, 2,900 with 140, 2,775 with 150 qne 2675 with 160.

10gauge: Yes, it does. So far, the most accurate combination has been with RWS Evo Green 127gr bullet, which wears a long boat tail, and Nosler’s 140gr NBT.

Prwlr: Like Mule deer, I have found Norma 203B identical to Re15. I am with you that N204 is on the slow side with 120gr bullets. Not too slow, but slowish.

Mule Deer: In the BB of GG you do not show any loads with 120gr NBT in your long throated VZ-24 and Ruger nr. 1… I used your Custom Remington load with N203B instead of Re15 as a starting load and worked up from there up to where I got 3,050fps but none of the loads showed any promise. I think I will do the same with Varget and the load you show from your Kilimanjaro/Montana, or even use 1,5gr more as my starting load given the short throat of your rifle and the moderate speed it gave you. Varget is very scarce here and I was looking to save some experimentation.

Last edited by chamois; 09/25/16. Reason: spelling