Originally Posted by contender
I am looking for a new ATV(quadrunner) to replace an old and tired
185cc Honda trike. My land is fairly level and not to swampy. I probably will not do any trail riding. Hauling out deer and firewood logs will be about the extent of my use for it. That being said, I need something that
is at the lower end of the price range; but, sturdy and dependable.
Would appreciate commentary as to prices and brands.

Couple years ago I got in a new club where an ATV is mandatory for moving stands and fetching kills because of rough and hilly terrain. Honda Big Red 250 was down and I'd been thinking of a 4 WD anyway. Ended up finding a 1999 Foreman 450 4X4 with few hours/miles. Never did fix the 3 wheeler and finally sold it about a month ago. No way it would have done the job. You will never understand the difference between even an older 4 WD and your trike until you have used one a while. Even on flat ground 4 WD is amazing at crawling over small logs, thru ruts, over rocks, etc at low speed comfortably. Add grade to the ride and it's more amazing.

Your history with an old Honda probably matches mine. My Big Red was a 1986 I got from a lady owner in IIRC 1995. Thought it was the Bee's Knees compared to the Kawasaki 250 I wore out and I rode it places I had no right going. Based on my experience and experiences of friends I'd go Honda again without a blink. If you can shop around and come up with an older Foreman with a basic 5-speed transmission in good shape you'll save thousands over the price of a new one. If money's no object new is always good. And for me a 2 WD ATV is like a 2 WD truck....only about half as good as a 4 WD. Good luck.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."