I hear you - but can't get past the apparent anomaly in their own data. Look at the 7 WSM data for a 150. IIRC the WSM hull holds 82 gr water, the RM 84. The RM hull MAP pressure is 61 kpsi, the WSM 65. Nosler data denotes 4.5 gr difference in case capacity likely due to deeper seating of bullets in the WSM hull. But the MAP is also 4k higher for the WSM hull. They should be ~ same-same. I've had 2, 7 WSM and they actually ran a bit faster on average than my 7RM using like barrel lengths again likely due to the MAP differences and trying to stay on the safe side of pressure. Using Noslers own data, the WSM only runs to 3136 which is in line with other data sources on both the WSM and RM. They also had the same Wiseman barrels.

I also note their data on the fastest 7WSM load is 73 gr Magpro for 3136. Note the corresponding data for 7RM Magpro 72.5 gr for 3129. This makes sense to me because it is consistent and in line with other data sources. I first noticed this in their 30-06 data running a 165 at 3000 ft/sec with Re 22. Despite trying several lots of Re22, I could never come close to those vels in several 06s.

For IMR 4350 and 4831, they run 2.5 gr less in the WSM but seem to lose 200 ft/sec compared to the 7RM. That doesn't seem to mesh with other data and my experience.

At the end of the day, I don't find comfort in chasing their velocity, or anybody else's, that is significantly out of line for known components. New powders and technologies with pressure testing, I'm in. Same components I've been shooting for 35+ years not so much.

Last edited by bwinters; 09/26/16.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.