rockchuck,

i've used the .22-250 on deer for over 40 years.

in my experience, the 55 gr. Sierra sp is a good pill, but i do prefer the 55 gr. Hornady sp over the Sierra.

the 60 gr. Hornady sp is also an excellent pill, but avoid their 60 gr. hp pill that they actually introduced for usage on big game such as deer.

in my own experiences, the 1 in 14 .22-250 rigs will readily handle the 60 gr. Hornady sp, the 63 gr. Sierra sp, and the 70 gr. Speer sp--i've found them to stabilize just fine. in fact, i've never had a problem with these three pills even when used at .222 velocities.

as an additional thought, i do prefer the 60 gr. Hornady sp above the other two--for obvious reasons.

if i remember correctly, the 70 gr. Speer has a jacket thickness of .018, about .004 thicker than some of the typical .224 55 gr pills.

back in the 1970's, i even used the Nosler 55 gr. solid base, in one case dropping a big mule deer at approx 375 yards. the jacket/solid base unit was found just under the hide on the far side.

i've only had one mishap with a .22 cf pill on deer, and that was when i used a lightweight Sierra pill in a .220 Swift on a whitetail back in the mid 1970's. the load was high velocity, and the deer was only about 160 yards out. while the deer was brought to bag, it was a good lesson for a young hunter...

try the 60 gr Hornady sp--i'm reasonably sure that you will like it...

all learning is like a funnel:
however, contrary to popular thought, one begins with the the narrow end.
the more you progress, the more it expands into greater discovery--and the less of an audience you will have...