I'm saving up to purchase another set of binos. I currently own a set of German made 8x32 Minox and a set of Zeiss Classic 10x40 T*P*. The Minox are good, but not great when compared to Zeiss or Swarovski. And I prefer the 10x glass. A few years ago, us kids pooled and bought dad an excellent used set of Swarovski SLC NEU 10x42 from Shrapnel and I've been pining after a similar set since. The Zeiss Classics are great class, but I wear eyeglasses most of the time and the rubber eyecups are a pain - I much prefer the twist-up eyecups of the Minox, but want the optical quality of the Swarovski. I'm not looking to buy brand-new optics because I can't afford new Swarovski or Zeiss. But I can afford excellent quality used Swarovski. Are there other options I should be looking at within these parameters? Meopta comes to mind, but I've never had a set in hand. I'm sure the opinions will abound. Let's say that the budget is in the $800 neighborhood and I want 10x40 or 10x42. I know others prefer 8x. I don't.
Thanks!
Selmer

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile