Originally Posted by Cinch
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Here are reviews from MidwayUSA.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/523157/labradar-ballistic-velocity-doppler-radar-chronograph

Some liked it, some had issues.

.17's may not work that well.

I'm still pondering these things... smile

DF

Not sure if I want to spend that kind of money that won't work on everything...I'll have to look into it some more...

The unit is only ~1.5" thick front to back. I think, many folks have a problem getting the unit level with the target, or tracking in the same plane you're shooting in. There's a targeting notch in the top of the unit similar to a rear rifle sight, but, being so narrow it's easy to not have the unit tracking in the same plane you're shooting in. I borrowed the unit to a friend and he had a heck of a time understanding what I meant by "leveling" the unit with the notch until I had him lay an arrow in the notch to increase the sighting plane.

The above probably overcomplicates things, IMO, the learning curve is short and once you learn to set up the unit it's a 1-2min deal. It takes me as long to attach the unit to a tripod as it does to line it up with my targets. I set up 5 targets @ 200yds the 1st time I used the unit, lined up on the middle target, and didn't ever adjust the targeting after that and was able to read even the .224 75gn A-max on the far left and far right targets.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.