Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Those 220's are pretty good guns, Pappy. Now keep your eyes open for some barrels in other chamberings to compliment it. If you stumble onto a 219 rifle barrel it would be worth seeing if it fits, too. I remember my old man fitting a 220 shotgun barrel to his 219 with .30-30 and Hornet barrels.

I saw a good bit on that while trying to find out more about my new toy. Seems that my 220 will work with barrels from later vintage models, but the reverse isn't always true. My gun cocks when you push the top lever. Newer ones are cocked when you swivel the barrel down like most other break-action guns. The newer barrels have a cocking bar that pushes against the internal hammer those guns have. My gun is striker fired, apparently. I'm not really looking to expand on this thing just now as I've already got way too many projects under way.

One caveat on the striker-fired guns is that there are reports that failing to fully operate the lever can leave the firing pin exposed and cause a slamfire when closed on a fresh round. Without a schematic, I don't know if there's a return spring or not. Might have to check my copy of The Rifle in America for a drawing or info on the 219.

What fresh Hell is this?