Originally Posted by APredator
Good to know. I am planning this as a hard-use/truck rifle. I hunt oak thickets, brushy ravines and the like, and sometimes crawl to a position. I wanted a setup that would take the knocks an bumps, mud, water and such without breaking my heart. I am concerned about making sure the entire assembly is up to the use I intend for it. You say they work OK. What does that mean to you? OK does not come across as a ringing endorsement. grin

I have used Warne rings/mounts on 338 win and 375 Rugers with 30mm tubed scopes. I am not one to remove / replace the scope with any regularity, so as repeat-ability to zero I can not speak. But, as to maintaining zero, I have no issues. One 375 Ruger with Warne has about 300 and something miles of being hauled around in an Argo, has had ample amount of spills and tumbles, some wheeler miles and no issues with zero.

I also have some Alaska Arm Rings on a 416 Ruger, another 375 Ruger, and my son has them on a 375 Ruger, absolutely no issues with them either.
The Alaska Arms are my favorite Ruger ring and I am replacing most existing Warnes with them. But, have never had an issue with Warnes. I prefer the less bulk of the Alaska Arms and the levers on the left side of a right-hand rifle.

I am not sure about the SS 1-4 scope, but some of my 30mm straight tubed scopes have ocular diameters that can be as much factor with bolt clearance as is a belled objective and barrel clearance. I have begrudgingly accepted the extra height on some of the smaller ocular ones.

With any of the lever release type, I am always conscious of lever movement in brush, etc; thus far no problems.