Originally Posted by gzig5
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
For what it's worth, here's a thread on the Sig 2400. Reports of the SIGs crapping out is concerning.

SIG 2400

I don't think any of these rangefinders, no matter who makes them, have real stellar reliability records do they? I've heard a lot of complaints about some of the Leica ones too and they are much more expensive. Hopefully SIG will be standing behind their products. So far I haven't had any issues with mine, knock on wood.

Yup, there have been LOTS of reports of Leicas crapping out over the years. At least Sig has a 5-year electronics warranty and lifetime on the optics, with decent service IME so far.

Having said that, my Bushnell Fusion has been used hard and has taken it's share of tumbles without missing a beat, so that's what I take hunting (beside the fact that I don't have to carry separate bino and RF, which is why I bought it in the first place), and the Sig is a range toy for now. The Fusion will hit trees out to 1700m every time, and deer and cattle out to 1200-1500m, and even 1700m some of the time depending on lighting, so if the Sig craps out on me it won't be a big deal. Once it proves its longevity it may start to come hunting...