Had one for about 5 years and I like the short handy rifle concept and mine shoots quite well. I know how to really be effective with both optic and irons at even quite long range. It's always been functional. Mine has an superb trigger.

The downside.

It's a bit heavier than I like and wish Ruger would provide their synthetic stock upgrade for lefties.

The bolt and receiver are not smooth at all. They're rough and that's actually unacceptable for the asking price.

The steel 10 rnd magazine has an habit of losing the bottom metal and slides off too easy. I went to the poly mags and so far I like them.

The bolt handle is very tight to the stock and isn't the easiest for me to manipulate, but I'm going to fix it by going to an bolt handle extension.

Bottom line is that it could be an whole lot better finished if Ruger wanted to put forth the effort. My example has functioned and shot very well, but as it comes in factory form I rate it as an unfinished project.

In fairness to Ruger they are giving us lefties an gift in that they even provide this rifle in an lefty version. Thank you Ruger. Just offer your syn stock upgrade for us lefties and it would be even that much better.