I have a pre '64 standard grade model 70 that I'm trying to mount a scope on and am having trouble, so here I am asking for help. I already had a set of Weaver Tip Off rings so I thought I would go ahead and use them. So I go to the gun store and look at the packages and on the back it says,, Weaver #46 for front mount, model 70 L/A, S/A 54+ 670, 770 & 70 WSSM. No problem fits good. Now the rear #47 for rear base on Winchester 70 long & short actions (with same hole spacing front and rear) 670, 770. The hole spacing on both bridges is real close to .875". So far, so good. Now the problem, when the rings are put on and the scope laid in them the objective bell hits the barrel, so I'm figuring I need higher rings, but I don't know what rings I have. Are they low, medium or high. They must be low, but I'm guessing. The scope doesn't hit by much. Anyone out there running this combination on your 70? What would be the correct rings part number to order from the Midway catalog to get this combination to work? The scope is an older Leupold straight 12X which I believe has a 1 15/16" objective bell. Anyone help me out with this situation? Thanks in advance. RRM