Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
At $149.88 (close out price), these Cabela's Guide Series 8x32 binoculars would be awfully hard to beat. They're very light and handy, have really good glass and great ergonomics - they're really an excellent binocular. They're purported to be the same as the Leupold BX-3's that were selling for $450 or so.

I just used them in a swamp with a mixture of hardwoods, palmettos, and scrub briars, and was easily able to pick out hogs moving at various distances. I might have enjoyed having 8x42's for the larger field of view, but I wouldn't want to go any higher on the magnification.

FC

That's probably exactly what I'd buy. I also heard they were just re-badged BX3's, but got a chance to check them out in person. They don't seem to be the quality as the Leupold, but at $149.00, who gives a chit. The glass is very clear and supposedly they have all the same coatings as the BX3. I almost bought a pair to put through the paces, but damn if the 22lr was on sale too. I had to buy the 22lr instead... blush

As for the OP's question. I like my Leupold BX3 8x32's. Excellent binos that are lightweight and fairly compact. The glass is damn good on these and I can wear them all day long, and have. They just work.... I wouldn't go any bigger or heavier. A prime example of this was the other day when my buddy showed me his new glass. They were 10x50's and heavy. He tried wearing them for a while and in the pack they went after a couple hours. He was off to aiming his rifle scope at distant deer to check them out. Irritating to say the least..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA