Thanks all.

Smokepole, lightning hit that sucker pretty much out of the blue. It was clouding up a bit and I hadnt heard much if any thunder, then it hits right by me. sent splinters flying all over. Pretty good fire going under it I had to put out. It'll wake you right up when that close!

davet, they were both adult cats. I had heard the female "cat calling" for two days and had seen her one time.

The third day I heard her she had called in that tom, the female was good size, and the tom had 30-40 pounds on her. poor pics so you cant really tell.

I could have killed the big Tom and wanted to (I have a tag for them), but the bull I was after was in the same canyon, so i just sat back and observed..The sounds coming out of that canyon with them two carrying on was something to hear,makes the hike in/out a little more exciting.

Lots of guys hear the female call and describe it as a screaming woman..I suppose it could be described that way. This is about the only time lions are vulnerable, ive only seen lions without the aid of dogs a handful of times, and its usually when the female is in heat.

I did call one in by accident one time, as i was turkey hunting..Surprise!