Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by hunting1
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42

I am going to say +1 to this. Best all around for size, weight, and most important reliability.

Agree, but for half the money the SHV will do the same job... same glass... great tracking... however, without the illumination.

For what the OP described.... if it were ME and I was spendingNightforce NXS coin... I'd go 3.5-15x50. In fact that's my plan for my antelope rifle I'm building this winter. But I do put a premium on LR performance these days that others may not.

Jeff,

You sure the SHV has the same glass as the updated stuff found in the newer NXS models like the 2.5-10x42 and the ATACR, etc? I understand it's a noticeable improvement over the previous stuff (likely just a difference in coatings) that they were using in the NXS.

For me the verdict is still out on how well they'll track with durability and reliability in mind. NF brought out that scope with the comment that they were designed to be a scope for the common guy, without the overbuilt internals and mechanics of the NXS. I'd still trust the NXS to work every time, over the SHV, but time will tell if the SHV, while not as overbuilt as the NXS, is built "enough" to be durable and reliable.

Just some of my thoughts.

Glass... I have heard it said the SHV and NXS are the same.... however, I did not know that the Compact NXS has upgraded glass above the other scopes in the NXS lineup... interesting!

Mine has been tracking great and seems to be a very solid scope. My presumption would be that Nightforce "knows things" about building them like that <g>. I'd certainly prefer the similar NXS if money were no object, but I'd very happily buy another SHV if I had a rifle calling out for a 3-10 class scope.

But I think my antelope rifle will be calling out for more than 10x on the top end <g>.....

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!